In this episode of the Digestion diaries, I delve into the topic of supplements that can help you manage stress and anxiety.
The main points that I discuss in more length are these:
– When you have stress or anxiety it can cause digestive issues. You can’t be stressed and anxious and healing and digesting all at the same time. So in order to improve your digestion, you need to get better at handling stress.
– I then get into some of the many supplements that can help. The reason I chose to speak about these particular supplements for anxiety is that they are the most common ones I recommend in my practice and/or use myself.
– The supplements I discuss are:
- B Vitamins
- Fish Oils
- Herbal adaptogens like Ashwagandha and Rhodiola
- the neurotransmitter GABA
- CBD or cannabidiol derived from hemp oil
It’s a lot of info because it’s an important subject. I believe the more you know about your supplements the better use you can make out of them.