Leaky Gut is the commonly used term to describe an increase in the intestines permeability or intestinal hyperpermeability. Those words are simply too big to repeat all the time so We’ll just call it Leaky Gut. In this video I take you through a simple explanation of what Leaky Gut is, how you get Leaky Gut, what causes Leaky Gut and Three steps you can take to begin to heal your Leaky Gut.
Here are some bullet points:
- When you eat something it isn’t really inside of your body. It’s simply passing through your digestive tract being broken down to smaller parts and eventually transformed into urine and poop.
- The way the food gets absorbed is that once its small enough, these little “sensors” called villi recognize the food particles as being something your body needs and they open a tiny gate and let the digested particle inside your body.
- Your gut would be considered ‘Leaky” if the gates opened when they weren’t supposed to. Or if they stayed open too long. They would let particles into your body that were simply never supposed to be there in the first place.
- This can lead to inflammation in your body and a long list of symptoms. Anything associated with inflammation can be caused by a Leaky Gut. Here are a few.
- Skin irritation
- Brain fog
- Heart disease
- What causes Leaky Gut? This short list covers a lot.
- Poor Diet
- How Do we Fix a Leaky Gut? It always comes down to figuring out your three stressors, Physical, Chemical and Emotional.
- Physical–massage any knots you may find around your diaphragm and get a good chiropractor to adjust your mid back where many nerves heading to the digestive tract come from.
- Chemical– Use an Elimination/Reintroduction Diet to figure out what foods are bothering you and then stay away from them
- Emotional–since stress can cause digestive disturbances start to meditate each day and use a relaxing breathing technique.
Watch the Video to Learn More!
Want to get my free Leaky Gut Diet Protocol and Video?
Fill out the form below. Tell a friend!
LEAKY GUT DIET PROTOCOL!
Sign up to get access to my leaky gut diet protocol plus a video and learn more.