NEW PATIENTS & FAQ
Have you been struggling with chronic symptoms, but can’t seem to find the right solutions to your health problems? Have you been searching for a doctor who is willing to listen and evaluate you as a whole person?
Most importantly: Are you ready to get better? Dr. Piken is here to help you.
Dr. Piken is currently accepting new patients. You can schedule an appointment with him in person at his New York City office or virtually from anywhere in the world via video conference
What conditions have Dr. Piken’s patients sought relief from?
After more than two decades of clinical practice, Dr. Piken has helped people that have many different types of conditions:
- Chronic Pain
- Acid reflux / GERD
- Autoimmune disorders
- Brain fog and issues related to the gut-brain axis
- Celiac Disease and gluten intolerance
- Chronic and acute pain including back pain, neck pain, knee pain and more
- Food sensitivities and food allergies
- Autoimmune thyroid
- & much more!
How Do I Become A New Patient?
1) Schedule your first visit: You can do so online by visiting our Client Portal and selecting “New Patient Evaluation” under “Book A Service.” Follow the prompts to book your appointment and create your account. Be sure to confirm your e-mail address in order to finalize your appointment. You can also book your first appointment by calling our office at (212) 581-9079.
2) The New Patient Evaluation: During your evaluation, you will fill out our intake forms if you haven’t done so already. Dr. Piken will then review your health history, symptoms, diet and lifestyle, current medications or supplements and your health and wellness goals. The evaluation is 60 minutes long. At the close of your evaluation we will schedule your New Patient Report.
3) The New Patient Report: During the New Patient Report, you will be given a Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis or BIA. The BIA will provide valuable metrics related to your body composition. Dr. Piken will review the results of your BIA as well as discuss his findings and recommendations for getting you better. Most patients move forward with one of our Care Plans.
What is Dr. Piken’s fee structure?
- New Patient Evaluation and New Patient Report (virtual or in-office): $250
- Virtual/Online Visits: $165
- MOVE BETTER PLAN: $1200 (package includes 12 visits)
- BE BETTER PLAN: $1800 (package includes 12 visits)
- LIVE BETTER PLAN: $2880 (package includes 24 visits)
- Gut Restoration Program: $1800 plus relevant lab fees
The fees above do not include the cost of any nutritional supplements that Dr. Piken may recommend or lab fees associated with bloodwork and diagnostic tests.
What is the cost of the lab testing Dr. Piken recommends?
While lab tests do incur additional fees, we are happy to report that many insurance companies cover these tests. We can investigate your coverage during your NEW PATIENT EVALUATION. Without insurance, the average lab test costs between $150 and $450. Most new patients require between one and three tests to gather the clinical information necessary to create an effective and comprehensive care plan that meets their needs.
Online Consultations/Virtual Visits
If you can’t travel to New York City, you can still work with Dr. Piken remotely. Virtual sessions with Dr. Piken share the same objectives as in-office evaluations. While manual chiropractic adjustments are not included in virtual programs, the BE BETTER Plan can be accomplished via online video sessions. Learn more here.
The Gut Restoration Program can also be done remotely, with laboratory kits sent directly to your home for easy and convenient specimen collection. The majority of the supplements Dr. Piken recommends for patient care can also be purchased at Full Script and delivered directly to your door.
- New Virtual Patient Evaluation and New Patient Report: $250
- Follow-up Virtual/Online Visit: $165
What is your cancellation policy?
For regular office visits on any of our general programs, we ask for at least five-hours notice prior to your appointment to reschedule it for you. No-shows and late cancellations are subject to a fee of $50. Call (212) 581-9079 to cancel or reschedule your visit.
Does Dr. Piken accept my medical insurance?
Dr. Piken’s office is self-pay and does not accept insurance for office visits. However, if your insurance has out-of-network chiropractic coverage we are happy to bill your insurance on your behalf. Any reimbursement checks received in conjunction with your care will be sent by your insurance company directly to your home. Please note that Dr. Piken’s services are not covered by Medicaid or Medicare.
Can I use funds from my flexible spending account (FSA) or health savings account (HSA) to pay for office visits with Dr. Piken?
If you have an HSA, FSA or other medical spending accounts we can provide you with an itemized bill which you can then use to receive reimbursement for your office visits. If you are visiting our Midtown Manhattan office and have a debit card associated with your FSA or HSA, it can be accepted as a form of payment in person.
How do I get to Dr. Piken’s Midtown Manhattan office?
Dr. Piken practices at Innate Wellness Group, 119 West 57th Street, Suite 712. Take the N, Q or R trains to the 57th Street Station located at 57th Street and 7th Avenue or the F train to the 57th Street station located at 6th Avenue and 57th Street. The office is conveniently located on 57th Street between 6th and 7th Avenues.
Where should I purchase any supplements Dr. Piken recommends?
DR. JASON PIKEN DC, CNS
Chiropractor, Certified Nutrition Specialist and Health Coach who offers a holistic and whole body approach to nutrition and wellness.
Address: 119 West 57th Street, Suite 712 New York, NY 10019
Phone: (212) 581-9079