Earlier in the Digestion Diaries series I interviewed my wife, Stacey, about her struggles with IBS. In this video I check in with Stacey again after confirming she has SIBO (Small Intestine Bacterial Overgrowth). Stacey discusses her experience following a Low FODMAP diet and how she’s feeling two weeks into treatment for SIBO.
– She is feeling better when she follows a low FODMAP Diet.
– She had the first stomach pain free night in years after only a few days on the low FODMAP Diet.
– One-third of people with SIBO are relatively easy to treat and for the rest there could be relapses or challenges, but everyone can get better.
– She finds it difficult to stick with her diet because she craves some foods not allowed on the diet, mainly sweets and carbs.
– Stacey read on the internet that non-dairy sugar-free chocolate chips were OK to snack on. Stacey still had cravings so she decided to have a few chocolate chips. What happened? She felt worse.
– It’s important to follow ONE plan. There is a LOT of info on the web offered up for people that have digestive issues. All the info is good for someone but when you listen to different opinions and try to pick out what you like and don’t like you may not make progress. – Whatever advice you choose, give it some time before you try something else.
– She now is ready to get back to avoiding the foods that bother her again and spend some time healing.
– She’s all in! Are you?
To hear the first part of Stacey’s story watch this video.